The Nowy Sącz Market Square was established in 1292 as the 12th part of the town. Ten right-angled streets are running from the Market Square. The streets and their intersections form the layout of the historic medieval town.
The compact built-up area includes historic one-story tenement houses, rebuilt after a fire in 1894. In the middle of the Market Square stands the Town Hall, built in eclectic style after the fire of 1894. A protruding tower with an antique clock captures attention. A new attraction of the Nowy Sącz Market Square is a monument to John Paul II together with a multimedia fountain. The seven-meter-high monument was designed by Czesław Dźwigaj. Next to the monument stands a papal multimedia fountain. 5 minutes after each full hour, the fountain plays a tune, while 4 times a day, at 8:00, 12:00, 16:00, and 20:00 it plays a 20-minute program.
Be the first to know about the latest events, offers and promotions!